วันอังคารที่ 3 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2552
Braun MX2050 PowerMax Jug Blender
Braun MX2050 PowerMax Jug Blender
Product Description
Now that I'm on a diet, I practically live with my blender. It helps me make low-calorie and nutritious beverages that are filling without being fattening. The key, however, is making sure the blender can do the job. This Braun blender tackles the job. Whether you're watching calories or enjoy creating delicious smoothies and shakes, this blender has got the professional power to mix and blend almost anything.
Feature
- 525-watt blender with 58-ounce capacity
- 5 speeds plus pulse setting for just the right amount of control
- Heavy-duty, stainless-steel blade crushes ice quickly
- Triangular lid design allows pouring from 3 different positions
- Measures 14-7/8 by 8-1/2 by 11 inches; 1-year warranty
The voice of experience
I bought this blender 3.5 years ago, and it's still going strong. It gets pretty heavy use making 2 smoothies and 6 cups of pureed food every day.
What's the secret to its longevity? Before turning it on, I twist the jar a bit to make sure it's seated properly. If it's off just a little bit, the blender will make an awful noise as one or more of the plastic gear teeth snap off. Bleary-eyed or in a hurry, you can easily miss that it's mis-seated -- best to jiggle it. (I learned this lesson the hard way.)
Fortunately, a replacement blade was about $20 (Google "MX2050 blade").
It blends very well if you put the ingredients in the proper order. For smoothies, put frozen berries on the bottom, followed by other fruit, nuts, protein powder, then just enough liquid to cover. First blend at low speed to mix things up, then power on full. If you put protein powder or nuts in first, you'll end up with caked on powder or nuts on the bottom, and you'll have to disassemble it to clean it. If you put the liquid in first, the chunky stuff on top won't get mixed, and you'll have to push it down; plus, the powder will stick to the sides.
For pureed food, make sure to add enough extra liquid or it will blend the bottom without touching the top. The vortex action will be obvious if you're doing it properly.
It's easy to clean, if you rinse immediately after using. I rarely take the blade assembly off; if you do, I would expect the gasket to wear out. When you do disassemble it, make sure to put the gasket between the blade assembly and the glass jar; otherwise, it will leak.
As for noise, I'd say it's pretty average, that is, too noisy; I can easily hear it behind my closed bedroom door upstairs in the morning.
The markings on the base (Braun logo, speeds, etc) wear off easily. It doesn't affect its functionality, but it doesn't look so great either.
Three years of good service but now it's dead
I purchased this blender in July of 2006 after a good review in Consumer Reports. The splash-up problem I solved by holding a cloth or towel over the top, but within weeks of daily use I noticed that one of the blade teeth had cracked. The blender still functioned, however. Last winter I noticed that a second set of blade teeth had cracked, so I ordered a (fairly expensive) replacement blade to have on hand when enough teeth broke to stop the machine from working. Alas, before I needed the replacement blade, the motor mount apparently came loose and while preparing a smoothie with frozen mango, the machine started to roar at any speed and "walk" across the counter.
That was yesterday. Today I spent an hour reading online reviews. Now that I know the problem wasn't just a production blip, I ordered a new blender from another manufacturer. Here's hoping the experience is better.
Broke first day
Opened up the box of my Braun MX2050 Blender today for the first time .
It broke on the first attempt .
No more Braun products for me !
0 ความคิดเห็น: to “ Braun MX2050 PowerMax Jug Blender ”
แสดงความคิดเห็น